Many of my Facebook friends asked for this recipe after I posted some pictures last night. I thought I’d share it with everyone. There are many variations of this dish. The recipe I followed can be found here http://www.povarenok.ru/recipes/show/92614/
Below is my English translation with a couple minor changes:
6 medium beets
6 small cucumbers (pickles)
1 bunch of green onions
1 bunch of dill
1 cup of sour cream
4 tb spoons of vinegar or lemon juice
3 quarts of boiled water (cooled)
salt to taste
2. Peel the beets, eggs and cucumbers
3. Separate egg whites and yolks. Grate the beets, cucumbers and egg whites. Chop the onions and dill.
4. Mash the onions, dill, egg yolks together. Add some salt.
5. Transfer all of the ingredients to a soup terrine or a pan and mix well. Add the sour cream and vinegar
6. Add enough water to reach the desired consistency.